A healthy Murray Darling Basin supports thriving communities, economic development and sustainable productivity.
To provide effective representation of local government and communities at state and federal level in the management of Basin resources by
• facilitating debate
• seeking to influence government policy.
To achieve our purpose, we will:
• advocate on behalf of Basin communities
• use local knowledge and expertise to fully understand regional issues
• act as a two-way conduit for information and discussion between our communities and governments
• encourage and facilitate debate about the things that matter for the Basin’s future
• explore options to achieve sound solutions to regional issues
• test information to ensure a sound base for those options
• be an educational resource for the Basin.