What's it all about?
The Basin Community Leadership Program is an exciting initiative focused on building leadership capacity throughout the Basin.
Developed by the Murray Darling Association and delivered in partnership with regional facilitators the program will identify, educate and mentor the next generation of water leaders.
For more information download the information flyer here.
• Enhanced leadership skills for use and application in your community
• Basic project management proficiencies and planning tools
• Development of intelligent enquiry and the foundation for informed debate
• Facilitated self-reflection – enabling improved stakeholder engagements
• Access to resources which will help the emerging leaders with community focused challenges, opportunities and solutions
• Improved awareness of Murray-Darling Basin challenges and opportunities
What is involved?
MDA On-line Academy – Participants will complete 5 modules and some self-reflection via the MDA’s on-line portal prior to attending the workshops.
Two day face-to-face Workshop – Build your knowledge and expand your networks with presentations from local, regional and national leaders. Workshops will be facilitated by experts in leadership training in partnership with the Peter Cullen Water and Environment Trust.
MDA National Conference – Registration to attend the MDA National Conference, either in-personal or virtually. A great opportunity to develop your leadership skills, network with local and national leaders and decision-makers from all across the Basin.
When and where?
MDA program staff and facilitators Jo Eady from RuralScope and Natalie Sommerville from Windjara Ag will travel to the following Basin communities to deliver this great initiative in 2021.
To apply online, click here.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need further information.