What's it all about?
The Basin Community Leadership Program is an exciting initiative focused on building leadership capacity throughout the Basin.
Developed by the Murray Darling Association and delivered in partnership with the prestigious Peter Cullen Water and Environment Trust the program will identify, educate and mentor the next generation of water leaders.
For more information download the information flyer here.
• Enhanced leadership skills for use and application in your community
• Basic project management proficiencies and planning tools
• Development of intelligent enquiry and the foundation for informed debate
• Facilitated self-reflection – enabling improved stakeholder engagements
• Access to resources which will help the emerging leaders with community focused challenges, opportunities and solutions
• Improved awareness of Murray-Darling Basin challenges and opportunities
What is involved?
MDA On-line Academy – Participants will complete 5 modules and some self-reflection via the MDA’s on-line portal prior to attending the workshops.
Two day face-to-face Workshop – Build your knowledge and expand your networks with presentations from local, regional and national leaders. Workshops will be facilitated by experts in leadership training in partnership with the Peter Cullen Water and Environment Trust.
MDA National Conference – Registration to attend the MDA National Conference, either in-personal or virtually. A great opportunity to develop your leadership skills, network with local and national leaders and decision-makers from all across the Basin.
When and where?
The MDA program staff will travel to Basin communities to deliver this great initiative.
Due to COVID-19, some workshop dates may change.
Who are we looking for?
The MDA is recruiting 15 participants from each of the eligible Basin communities through the following Key Selection Criteria:
- Are you keen to grow and develop your leadership and community engagement skills?
- Are you looking to shape and influence the future prosperity of your community?
- Would you like to have direct input into consultation with key stakeholders and decision makers?
- Are you keen and eager to participate in future community focussed projects / initiatives?
If you answered yes to these questions, we would love to hear from you!
To apply online, click here.
Alternatively, to download the application form, please click here.
Please email email@example.com if you have questions or need further information.